Saturday, January 3, 2009

Be careful in meditation

Meditation can make you mad! Don’t believe me? When you meditate in a room alone in the dark and when your concentration is super, you will see various visions like zombies, horror scenes, like the army of darkness coming to you! Of course many other visions like pleasant scenes, landscape etc. can also be seen. Here is one such type of demonstration.

At that time, I was probably 15 years of age. Our neighbours went in a vacation and I had to stay at their home alone at night. I slept well at that night. In the early morning, around 4 a.m., I got up and sat upright on the bed for meditation. When I concentrated on my breathing, I saw a terrible vision. I saw that there was a bonfire burning amidst the dark night. Everything was black except the glaring red flames. Suddenly a face appeared from the other side of the fire. I couldn’t see the body of it, but it appeared just with its head and face and nothing else. I was so frightened that I couldn’t resist myself saying it in my mind, ‘I don’t fear, I don’t fear’ and eventually I discovered that I was shouting at it! Even at that time my eyes were closed, but the frightening head wouldn’t disappear. At last, I opened my eyes, quickly got up from meditation and slipped back into the blanket till morning. After that, I ended my meditation practice although I started it again a few years later.

Lots of people whose mental strength are not strong enough, get terrified with the visions they see in deep meditation. The only way to overcome it is, to convince yourself that it’s a vision. To convince yourself repeat the word ‘vision’ or other appropriate terms.

1 comment:

  1. Never meditate in dark there are chances of getting scary visions. Meditate with lights on

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts