Saturday, January 3, 2009

Meditation and the little puppy

Meditation of loving kindness can attract so many people towards you. If you practice it, you will become favourite to all of your acquaintance. While I was a monk, I discovered this meditation has an appeal to animals too.

I was a monk a few years ago. Once I was meditating among a few monks. It was dark at night, we were quiet and concentrated on our meditation. I first concentrated on my breathing, then I turned onto the meditation of loving kindness. I imagined- a wave of loving-kindness was originated inside me and gradually spread around the world. It was just after some time, I felt a sense that a little puppy was crawling outside the mosquito-net around us. My mind was full of peace and emanating the waves of loving-kindness. I felt that the puppy moved around the mosquito net and finally crawled beside me. It stayed there until I got up from meditation. I patted on its wool-like back as it seemed to have found a warm place at last. When we all broke up our meditation, we left the place. I didn’t notice any puppy around that place before or after that.

The fact I thought that there were around 12 monks meditating. It took a round around the large mosquito net and finally lay beside me. Why me? I still feel really amazed and thrilled about this fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts